Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kale, Lentil, and White Bean Soup (CROCKPOT)

I don't think you understand how much I love my crockpot. 

It's like cooking but not even doing anything. 

Awesome.

So we had an overload of kale in the house and I was craving some veggie soup. 

Here is what I came up with:



Ingredients:

*LOTS of kale (filled up like half of the crock pot)
*1/2 cup uncooked lentils
*1 can white northern beans
*1 can crushed tomatoes with chilies
*5 cups veggie broth + water at the end
*1/2 chopped onion
*1 cup chopped carrots
*garlic, pepper, dried herbs, crushed red pepper, etc...


Directions:

Put the kale in first, followed by the uncooked lentils, everything else and finally the veggie broth and water at the end filled until you can see liquid at the top.
 (I use really precise measurements and cooking language I know)

I literally never measure anything so this is all a ball-park. 
It will still be delicious though.

And don't be afraid to add ingredients of your own!
That is real cooking :)



Kale smoothies LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog