Friday, September 19, 2014

Love Trumps (Diary Post)

My closest friends and family know I am not the "sappy/gushy/lovie-dovie" person so writing this is way out of my comfort zone, which is why I'm giving it a go. 

I've been thinking a lot lately (with the whole engagement thing, ya know) about how much my life will change in the next year. 
And I love my life now! 
I really do. 
I love my job. 
Actually head over heels with the people, mission, and location.
I love my friends and family and being close to them. 
I love my gym and my group ex classes. 

With that said, I'm only half full. 

Ryan (my fiancĂ©) is stationed in San Diego. Other side of the country, not to mention we're in different time zones. 
And this trumps everything. 
It's crazy to think about!
How one person has so much influence on your life (in a good way) and that after it's all said and done, I am willing to change everything about my life to be with him. 
Because I really am - and I really want to. 

It makes me think about our society and I guess just human nature in general. 
How finding that one person you want to share the rest of your life with (possibly) changes everything.. I guess we are on a different circumstance given the military relationship. 
But still, other people who meet and are working in different parts of the country or even the world!
How much would someone change their life to be with another person? 

And let me tell you... distance is hard. It sucks. 
Especially a long distance engagement. 
Ryan and I will be the first to tell you that.
It's kind of depressing going to locations alone (luckily I have my wonderful parents and 8 bridesmaids to drag along) **kiss emoji**

Does that mean I care about the other things in my life less? Not at all! 
But just knowing I will be sharing experiences from going to the grocery store to creating a family together makes me feel like nothing else matters. 
Am I crazy? Yes. 
Crazy about this guy.



Okay love rant/diary over for now.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog