Sunday, October 13, 2013

Autumn Quinoa Breakfast


Yes, you heard it.. Quinoa for breakfast!

I had a pre-packaged set from Marshalls given to me that was dying to be made, 
but the ingredients and process are so simple!

I will definitely be making more of this throughout the winter. 

Ingredients:
-1 cup uncooked quinoa
-4 cups milk (anything but regular milk: I used vanilla almond milk)
-1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup crasins (depending on how much of them you want)

And that's it!!
But I added more:

-1/4 cup chopped pecans
-sprinkle of cinnamon
-sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
-4 tablespoons apple butter

Directions:
1. Place quinoa and milk in pot and bring to boil
2. Reduce heat and simmer for about 25 minutes
[[I have yet to cook quinoa without the pot boiling over so make sure you keep an eye on it]]
3. With low heat, add brown sugar, crasins, pecans, and spices
4. Stir and enjoy!


 I couldn't resist a taste after dinner last night.
So good!


I woke up this morning so excited knowing I had this made for breakfast. 
I scooped some into a bowl, added a banana, and microwaved for about 2.5 minutes.
It tastes just like oatmeal!
DELICIOUS.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog