Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pesto Salmon & Italian Orzo Veggie Salad


I'm usually not a fan of cold pasta salads
or a big pasta person at all for that matter 
but I was craving one so bad for some reason... 
SO I made this delicious contraption, and let me tell you  

I am officially a fan. 




For the Salmon:


Ingredients

  • Salmon filet (skin removed)
  • Pesto
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Foil
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. Remove skin and place salmon in foil in a baking dish
  3. Smear on pesto and top with halved tomatoes
  4. Wrap up foil together at the top (like a basket)
  5. Bake for 35-40 minutes until salmon is pink and flaky
Seriously - It's that easy!!

For the Orzo Pasta:


Ingredients
  • Orzo (cooked)
  • Broccoli
  • Peppers
  • Onions
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Italian Dressing
Directions
  1. Cook orzo according to package (desired serving size) - I used about 1 cup orzo
  2. Let cool and place in refrigerator 
  3. Add chopped broccoli, peppers, onions, and tomatoes
  4. Add Italian dressing to desired taste - I used about 1/4 cup dressing
  5. Mix well 
  6. Store in refrigerator and enjoy cold!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog