Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bridal Champagne Shower


Still am in awe of how beautiful my bridal shower was :)

My maid of honors, bridesmaids, and family outdid themselves!!

We had the shower at my fiancรจ's parents new house right on the water in Annapolis, MD - so beautiful! Their kitchen and top story was perfect for hosting the shower! So many beautiful windows overlooking their backyard and water :)

Started off with beautiful decor and MIMOSA BAR. Yes.




My maid-of-honor Julia made those signs!!
She is seriously so creative and talented :)
Love ya Julez.

We had SO much delicious food. 

Bridal Luncheon Menu: 


+ Cucumber Open-faced Sandwiches
+ Salmon and Cucumber Bites
+ Fruit Skewers
+ Veggie Tray & Hummus
+ Chicken Salad Sandwiches
+ Caprese Skewers
+ Homemade Crab Balls
+ Feta and Strawberry Salad
+ Cheddar Biscuits
+ Deviled Eggs
+ Chick-fil-a nuggets (for the win)


My mouth is watering remembering how delicious everything was.
YUM!


And somehow we managed to save room for the PERFECT desserts!

My second mother (maid-of-honor's mom) is actually studying in culinary school right now! 

How perfect, right. 

She made the wedding dress cupcakes and macaroons! 

I was literally in Pinterest heaven.



Dessert Menu:


+ Vanilla Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling

(yes they tasted as good as they sound)

+ Guava Macaroons
+ Passionfruit Macaroons
+ Blackberry & Lemon 
Tarts
+ White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods



Then we went on to games & gifts. 
My favorite game was definitely

"Who Said What"




Julia had emailed questions to Ryan and I to answer before the Shower and then the audience had to guess who said the answer to the question. 
No one got them all right! 

Partially because we had similar answers :)

Our Questions Were: 


Who made the first move?


Who takes longer to get ready? 

Who is better in the kitchen? 


Who will cry on the big day?  


I knew I was in love with you when… 


How many kids would you like? 


What are you looking forward to the most about being married? 

Who said I love you first? 


What is the first thing you noticed about the other person when you first met? 


What is your significant others best quality? 

What could you eat for the rest of your life, if only that one thing?


What is your favorite season?


What is your guilty pleasure?


So fun and so cute :)
I didn't get to see Ryan's answers beforehand!

Her answers: (Rachel)


Who made the first move? Ryan (he will say me lol)
Who takes longer to get ready? Me.. no competition
Who is better in the kitchen? Both! - Me ;)
Who will cry on the big day? Both lol
I knew I was in love with you when… Ryan sent me surprise flowers on Valentine's Day before we started dating:)
How many kids would you like? 3
What are you looking forward to the most about being married? Waking up next to him and making coffee! And date nights/days.
Who said I love you first? Ryan
What is the first thing you noticed about the other person when you first met? "Sydney and Ashlyn, you have an older brother?"
What is your significant others best quality? His pure heart
What could you eat for the rest of your life, if only that one thing? Chocolate Chip Cookies
What is your favorite season? Fall
What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate Chip Cookies


His answers: (Ryan)


Who made the first move? Technically, she did (CSI)
Who takes longer to get ready? She does, but thankfully not by much.
Who is better in the kitchen? Tough one, but I'll give her this one. She makes the most delicious meals that are not only tasty but HEALTHY! My talents are best seen outside of the kitchen on the grill / steaming my freshly scooped Maryland Blue Crab catch. Who will cry on the big day? We both will..
I knew I was in love with you when… I took her fishing on 'Ol Bay, my Grandad's 14 foot John boat and she baited her own hook, caught her fish, and unhooked and kissed it herself! Then laughed and asked when I was going to catch up!
How many kids would you like? 2-3
What are you looking forward to the most about being married? Finally being together after years of long distance. Dates on the boat, beach, parks, hiking, hot tub, picnics etc you get the point!!!
Who said I love you first? I did.
What is the first thing you noticed about the other person when you first met? That she was athletic ;) What is your significant others best quality? Down to Earth and a good heart.
What could you eat for the rest of your life, if only that one thing? Seafood.
What is your favorite season? Summer.
What is your guilty pleasure? Surfing, wakeboarding, boating, cliff jumping, skiing, spear fishing, hot tubing by boat with Rachel


May or may not have teared up reading his out loud at the end :) 
I seriously cannot wait to be married to this man.








My heart is so full - thank you everyone for showering me with so much love :)

XO


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful !
    Where did you get that pretty Welcome sign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful arrangements. Got a nice idea from this blog! Will hire one of best New York wedding venues for special day. Going to send invitation to all my friends, and will try to make handmade invitation card. Hopefully everyone gonna love that!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog